What is it now? It seems that there is no shortage of issues that arise over the years of owning a home. There is always something new that comes up, and you’ll need to have a list of dedicated professionals at your beck and call to sort out anything that may arise. That especially includes your supply and wastewater plumbing systems, which can put a halt to most of your daily activities throughout the house. Such problems can also occur at inopportune times, such as on the weekends or late at night. Here are 5 that can’t wait.
- Overflowing toilet. Make sure that you and your family know how to turn off the water valve to major fixtures such as the toilet and kitchen sink, as well as the main water valve that controls the water for the entire home. A serious clog or broken toilet may lead to wastewater being spilled onto your bathroom floor.
- Wet spots in the backyard. If it’s not raining, but you’ve got several wet spots in the backyard, then you may have an underground leak. It could be your sewer line (is it smelly?) or water line, but whichever one it happens to be, it’s a waste of water, and it’s only going to get worse.
- Foul odor in the home. If it smells like sewage in the home, there are several things that could be wrong. One of your traps may have dried out or it may be leaking. You may also have a more serious problem related to the ventilation piping in your drain and sewer system. Whatever it is, it’s not pleasant, so call a plumber!
- Water heater leak. If your water heater is not so much holding water as allowing it to drip onto the surrounding area, then make sure to get it taken care of. If it’s a tank water heater, then the immediate vicinity is at risk of serious water damage should that leak worse suddenly.
- No hot water. Nothing wakes you up quite like a cold shower, tough a hot shower is far more pleasant. If you find that you’re running out of hot water too soon, or you have none at all, you should have your tank or tankless water heater inspected.
We are your plumbing repair experts in the greater Vancouver area. Simply pick up the phone and call Mr. Swirl The Friendly Plumber so that we can fix the problem fast.